Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Is it spring yet?

Well March is officially here.....now where exactly is spring? The past two mornings we have walked to school in 6 degree weather....yes SIX DEGREE weather! I am NOT liking that one bit. It is supposed to be close to 50 on Friday ~ that is more of my kind of weather. We have had such a long, cold, dreary winter ~ it just doesn't want to end.
I've been sick for the past week and a half ~ Bird has been sick for the past week and a half and now Bean is getting sick. I just want spring to get here! I'm sick of the "sickies" ~ I want to let the boys tear around outside in the warm sunshine (if the "warm" would ever get here).
You know it is bad when the mom is whining about wanting to go outside just as loudly as the kids are ~ ha ha :o)
I helped Bean with his "Family Fun project" for the month (honestly I inwardly groan every time I see one of these "projects" sent home) ~ it is a kite and on each of the bows we had to write the titles of his favorite books.....I know, I know, not exactly a challenging project.......UNLESS you just happen to have younger children who think that you need "help" with the scissors, crayons, markers, glue, etc....ever try to wrestle a screeching octopus? Enough said.
Bean is also getting ready to play soccer (rah rah rah) ~ he has his shoes, shin guards and correct size soccer ball ~ the season starts at the end of April and goes through the beginning of June. He is mighty excited and Bug is slowly becoming more excited as well (although he won't be playing, he didn't want to when I asked him earlier). And I am really thrilled to be able to sit and watch a sport I actually like (big bonus) :o)

0 comments: