Saturday dawned dark and gloomy.....but I was anything BUT dark and gloomy....you see the alarm clock went off at 5:40AM ~ what in the world would possess me to set the alarm *that* early on a weekend? Why the 5/3 Riverbank Run! Yes, I ran my first 5k! It was GREAT! I was completely soaked through before the race even started due to the rain, but not even the rain could dampen the excitement.
Weston came with me and waited at the finish line for me. I grabbed a peanut butter protein bar and a banana (2 tablespoons of cherry jello for breakfast didn't last long, so I was hungry by the time I completed my run) and headed for the car. We made it home in time to change into dry clothes and get to the boys' 9AM soccer game....not too shabby for running a 5K at 7:30AM huh?!?
Since this was such a great experience, I signed up for the 1/2 marathon in October....yup, I think I need my head checked! Oh well.....I figured that would be a good challenge/goal for me to work towards =)
As you can see Bean is rather damp...yup, it continued to rain during their soccer game...which they won (good job boys!) ~ so even though it could have been a dreary day, it ended up being a very exciting one!
Monday, May 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment