
My great grandma Irene was born in 1906, she traveled by covered wagon, gave birth to all but her last child at home ~ the changes she saw in her lifetime are truly amazing.
I feel very special to be named after such a wonderful woman ~ I have to admit, that when I was younger I wasn't really fond of the name Irene, but it is the woman behind the name that makes it special.
Last Sunday morning while I was home with Bird (who was really sick) the phone rang ~ on the other end was my dad who told me."Grandma Irene is walking with Erwin in heaven now." My great grandma passed away last Sunday morning.
102 years is a good long life, but I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter how long or short a life is, it hurts when someone you love is no longer here, especially when you can't be with your family to go through the grieving process with them.






1 comments:
So SORRY to hear of your loss!!! Big Hugs Mama!!!
Post a Comment