Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Break!

Last week was Spring Break for Bean ~ it started out great on Monday ~ sunny and warm! So Doodlebird and I took advantage of the beautimus weather and transplanted Hostas from Ginny. And as it turned out, that was a GREAT thing to do because it was pretty much doom and gloom the rest of the week (well until Friday) so I didn't have to worry about watering the new plants ~ so that is the "silver lining" to the crappy spring break weather =P
Not much to report from Tuesday and Wednesday.
Thursday we headed to Caledonia to visit "Keif and Micole" ~ which was a jolly good time....let's face it, watching Keith hyperventilate and go into panic attack after panic attack as the boys played with his Legos is nothing but sheer entertainment for me. Actually Keith did quite well this time ~ I don't remember seeing that "wild panicked" look in his eyes while the boys were busy constructing their favorite pieces. We did take a break though to go grocery shopping (it had been almost 2 weeks since the last groceries had been purchased, and I've found out the boys aren't real big fans of fasting.....) ~ Nicole had to get groceries too, so she took Bean and Bug in her cart and I had DoodleBird in mine....good times, good times =)
Then we headed back to their place where the boys finished their building and played the Wii for a little while before Weston came.....then it was home again, home again jiggity jig for us! And now Bug has taken up that ol' familiar tune, "When are we going to Keif and Micole's again?"
Friday was the GR Museum day. Ginny (aka Gigi) and Nana came up for that ~ the boys were excited!

Nana and Doodlebird heading to the elevators ~ the boys love riding on elevators....but I think they scared DoodleBird a little bit ~ he sure clutched Nana's hand tightly on the ride down!

Look at all the cars! DoodleBird was VERY excited about those!

The player piano ~ also called the "Coinola" ~ you put in a quarter and it played =) I took a video of this...if it turned out OK I'll share that above this post.

Now *that* is a bike! I think it will be awhile before Bean grows into it =P Do you see how far down the pedals are?

Making pills at the pharmacy ~ this was really neat ~ the entire pharmacy (including drugs, herbs, perfumes, elixars, etc.)came from Sault Ste Marie.

The boys were really amazed at the sawblade bike!

Picking out which gun they like the best.


Check out the cute bugs.....well and one that looks like he is screaming ~ HA! Leave it to Bean to make funny faces....



Riding the carousel ~ DoodleBird thought it was great.....until it started moving! But still....crying while riding a giraffe? I think that is a sin.....

Bean didn't realize the horse he'd chosen wouldn't go up and down.....here is what he thought about riding the "baby horse" =P Every time he'd go by he'd make a hilarious face at me. He's such a nut!

This picture cracks me up ~ this is SO DoodleBird...examining the "dollars" (all money is dollars to him) with a magnifying glass. If one of his brothers has "dollars" ~ before the end of the day DoodleBird has somehow acquired his brother's "dollars" and then you can bet the howling (by the older brother) starts when he realizes what happened to his money!

Crickets! There was a cage with baby crickets and one with adult crickets. When we first walked into the BIG, BIG BUGS exhibit, DoodleBird walked in, then slowly started backing out.....he wasn't so sure about those BIG BIG BUGS!


Bug checking out the BIG BIG BUGS! They are rather large aren't they?

The boys checking out a magnified bee.

Bean checking out the magnified dragonfly.

Nana, Bean and DoodleBird checking out the magnified mosquito (makes me itchy just looking at the picture....ish!).

I've got my EYE on you!

This made me laugh ~ notice the man in the jar? The six shoes? Also the pictures? Some of the titles of the books are: Gone With the Wings, Huckleberry Fly, Betty Cockroach's cookbook....pretty clever!

Bean and Bug climbed the giant spider's web.

Instead of building a bug, DoodleBird decided these particular blocks looked more like popsicles ~ and he shared one with Nana =)

This is the bug that DoodleBird saw first that made him think twice about this exhibit. I thought the can of "Rid-A-Human" was funny.

Bug posing by the airplane.....there is also a whale skeleton hanging from the ceiling ~ both Bug and DoodleBird were AMAZED at that ~ Doodle insisted it was a "saur" (dinosaur) ~ he and Bug are my dino boys!

Is this cool or what? It is a drop of Marsh water magnified 200x! Bean and I looked at that for awhile ~ it is AMAZING what is in a small drop of water!

Bug put on a little puppet show for me ~ with dinosaurs of course! =)

Bug is going camping!

DoodleBird loved to push the buttons and hear all the different sounds.

Peeking through the window in the treehouse.

Looking at slides under a microscope ~ I can't remember what was on the slides though...I wonder if Bean does....I'll have to ask him.



Checking out the doll room. The boys were surprised to see a GI JOE jeep in there! Bug and DoodleBird thought the dollhouses were pretty neat ~ they had stairs in them!
So there you have our Spring Break Week! Even with the rainy weather we were able to have a good time!
Now we are looking forward to Nana opening the pool!!!

0 comments: