Friday, September 21, 2007

101 years old!



Yesterday my great grandma celebrated her 101st birthday ~ WOW! The picture I have was taken two years ago, so she was a mere pup at 99 years (almost 100) old. Pictured are my great grandma, my grandpa, my dad, me, Bean and Bug. It was our 5 generation picture with Bug.

My children are really blessed when it comes to grandparents. When Bean was born he had every single grandparent, great grandparent and 2 great great grandmas. When Bug was born he had all his grandparents, great grandparents and one great great grandma. And Bird has all his grandparents, all his great grandparents except my maternal grandpa and one great great grandma. That is a lot of grandparents for a kid to have!

I think back to when I was growing up, I had two great grandmas, one great grandpa and all my grandparents ~ which still is a lot of grandparents. I even wrote back and forth with one of my great grandmas so I got to "know" her through her letters, and surprisingly I think I have saved every single letter she wrote me (yes, I can be a pack rat when it comes to things that are meaningful to me). And my great grandma that is in the picture was the FIRST person to write me a letter when I went to college. I was so surprised to see a letter in my mailbox the day I was dropped off at college. Even though I don't know my great grandmas in the traditional "seeing you all the time" sense, we wrote back and forth and I was able to "know" them that way.

0 comments: