Monday, December 17, 2007

Don't all look at the camera at once!



I have decided it is virtually impossible for me to get a "good" picture of all three boys....someone is *always* mid-blink (Bug) or else not looking at the camera (Bird).....for the most part Bean is the easiest kid to photograph.....and it isn't just because he is the oldest either...he has always been an easy one to snap a picture of and have it turn out OK.
Well, I feel like we are going to be celebrating the 12 days of Christmas....but it should be called the 12 Christmases! We already had one Christmas with Weston's grandparents, we will do Christmas at our house this Thursday night, then Christmas with my parents on Christmas eve and Day, then in mid-January we will do Christmas with Weston's parents....and not to mention both Weston and I have a birthday in all the festivity too.
The boys are excited about all the Christmases....you have to wonder what they are thinking ~ hope they aren't too disappointed when they find out there really is only ONE Christmas.
I have to share a funny story about Bean. Last weekend Weston said that he'd pick up supper for us, so I didn't have to cook anything. When Bean heard that he came downstairs (I was down folding clothes) and asked me, "Mommy, do you like McDonald's?" I told him no. He then said, "Yeah, I'm not a big fan either, but I like their Happy Meals!" I seriously had to bite the insides of my cheeks to keep from laughing...where does he come up with this stuff? And he is only 5 years old, yet he is talking like such a big boy! And some of the logic he can use when he *really* wants something is rather amazing. Oh, and if you are wondering, NO we did not get McDonald's....we got Chinese! YUM!!!
Since it is the "sick" season, I decided I'd go first ~ I have a cold, and it is knocking me off my feet! I have been dragging for about two days now. I'd been so happy that I'd been cold-free, and now I get this ~ ugh! And of course it would happen right before we are going to be traveling. I am just hoping the boys don't get sick.
We got a lot of snow this weekend, and as luck would have it we are *STILL* waiting for the bearing to come in for the snowblower (it was supposed to be in last Wednesday). Some kind soul did snowblow most of our sidewalk though (that was a wonderful surprise to come home to after church yesterday) so there wasn't as much shoveling to do ~ Weston went outside with the boys last night and they cleared the rest of the snow.
Tomorrow is going to be the start of the packing....I have to make myself a list because I can't remember everything I am supposed to bring for Christmas: Kids (check) Clothes (check) Gifts (check).....and so on.

0 comments: