Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The First Gift of Christmas


Bird received the first gift of Christmas this year ~ he got a special Baby's First Christmas ornament from Keith and Nicole. I always enjoy looking at the boys' first Christmas ornaments ~ it brings back such nice memories....and it makes me sad at the same time because they aren't babies anymore.
Today we awoke to crazy weather! There was ice on the roads and a semi jack-knifed on the highway thus causing it to be closed down. Weston got a call from a guy he works with letting him know that the highway was closed; so Weston left a bit earlier than normal for work so he could find an alternate route.
Both Bean and Bug got their hair cut today. We didn't have a problem walking to the salon because it was rather warm outside so the ice had melted to slush.....but walking home was another thing....it was raining/sleeting so we were drenched by the time we got home ~ yuck! I'd much rather it snowed than all this other raining/sleeting business.
We have our Christmas program this Sunday, which none of the boys are in (I always thought Christmas programs were FOR the little kids, but I guess not....they are usually my favorite part of any Christmas program because they are so unpredictable and cute), so I am really debating if I want to go ~ kind of seems like it would be torturing myself to go....have YOU ever tried to get three little boys to sit nicely and QUIETLY through a Christmas program or sermon? Let me tell you, it is not for the faint of heart! And I should add that I'd be doing it by myself because Weston's class is in the Christmas program.
I did finally get the Christmas letter written, but I have yet to address the envelopes and stamp them ~ maybe tonight will be the night I'll do that :o)

0 comments: