CRAWL!
I am beginning to realize that my days are numbered......Bird is getting ready to crawl. He already is a pro at moving backwards and turning around ~ and as you can see he gets up on his haunches and rocks back and forth. So that means it is going to be time to "baby proof" the house once again ~ gates on the stairs, locks on the cupboards, etc. Although this time around I have two big helpers that love their baby brotherly dearly. It is nice to have an extra set or two of eyes to keep an eye on the little Bird as he is slowly beginning to stretch his wings.
We have had some mighty chilly weather here. The boys and I walked to the library on Friday and I was surprised on how cold the wind was ~ WOW! We definitely had rosy cheeks by the time we got to the library. Walking home was a little more pleasant because the wind was at our backs.
While at the library the boys found this really great book....all about making masks and face painting. I told them that we wouldn't do face painting (I am no artist) but we could make masks. So they each picked out which mask they liked the best......I am on layer one of Bean's SIX layer mask.....I have found another use for all the left-over wallpaper paste....using it to make Bean's mask, and we are doing our own "recycling" of the newspaper this way. Bug's mask isn't nearly as complicated as Bean's mask. Once I get them finished I'll post a picture. I told the boys I'd do the messy newspaper/wallpaper paste part (but Mom that is the BEST part!) and they could paint them ~ so I am sure these masks will be creative and colorful :o)
I am also working on Bible verses with Bean. I found a neat book that was given to all three of the boys for Christmas. It is an ABC Bible verse book. Bean has down A (A gentle answer turns away wrath. Proverbs 15:1) and we are now working on B (Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God. Matthew 5:9). It is so fun to teach Bean these verses (and Bug listens and is learning them too) ~ he has such a good memory and soaks things up so fast. The first memory verse I taught him was Genesis 1:1. I thought that was a good place to start...at the beginning :o) We are working on a verse a week with the ABC book, so by July/August he should be able to recite 26+ Bible verses....how great is that?!?






0 comments:
Post a Comment