Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We met!

Yesterday the boys and I went to the mall to meet a fellow cloth diapering mom that I know online. Our kids played at the play area there and we had a nice visit. It was so much fun to meet face-to-face. They are here in MI visiting family (they live in UT).
Here are some pictures:


Bird wanted to play with the "big kids" ~ so I followed him over to a few sausage links (they have breakfast foods to play on) and he thought he was pretty big stuff.

On the way home, ALL the boys were sleeping EXCEPT for Bird....he napped for 20 minutes on the ride to the mall....but other than that, no naps for him. He was exceptionally good though, can't complain at all!
And speaking of Bird, he is now officially 11 months old! Hard to believe that the little guy is so big already! He is working hard to sprout his two front teeth (poor thing...no fun for him and no fun for mom). And he is trying hard to walk. I have NOT been encouraging walking because I know just how busy things will become ~ they are busy enough without him walking! But Bean thinks it is great fun to "help" Bird walk.
We are getting ready to do a double birthday party. Bug and Bird are going to have their birthday parties together this year since there is only a day separating their birthdays. Bug is going to have a dinosaur-themed birthday cake (I am so excited about this cake!) and Bird is going to have dirt cake. A double birthday party with double the amount of cake ~ sounds good to me! :o) I am hoping for nice weather so we can enjoy some games outside (I bought water balloon gernades for the kids to play with).....if it isn't nice weather outside I'm not breaking open the water balloons ~ we'll just save them for another day!
We've had some crazy storm in the past week. We've had lots of rain, high winds, thunder, lightning ~ the works! Saturday night Bug slept with me because the storms were scaring him ~ thankfully after rubbing his back for an hour he was able to fall asleep and sleep through the night and the rest of the storm. And if the forecast is right it looks like we'll be getting some more rain this weekend ~ we definitely do NOT need more rain! I have a sad feeling that all this rain and standing water is going to bring the mosqitoes out like crazy ~ BOO for mosquitoes!

0 comments: