Even though we know he is free from pain and in such a wonderful place, we can't help but feel the ache of sadness. At his service yesterday, his daughter-in-law, Vicki shared the lyrics to a song called, "If You Could See Me Now."
Our prayers have all been answered
I finally arrived
The healing that had been delayed
Has now been realized
No one’s in a hurry
There’s no schedule to keep
We’re all enjoying Jesus
Just sitting at His feet
CHORUS
If you could see me now
CHORUS
If you could see me now
I’m walking in the streets of gold
If you could see me now
I’m standing tall and whole
If you could see me now
You’d know I’ve seen His face
If you could see me now
You’d know the pain is erased
You wouldn’t want me
To ever leave this place
If you could see me now
To hear the lyrics of that hymn was like PawPaw wrote them himself.
I don't think anyone who met PawPaw could say anything bad about him. He would literally give you the shirt off his back. He had such a generous spirit and kind heart ~ he made you feel like family...it didn't matter that I was his grandson's wife, he treated me like I was his own flesh and blood. We never parted without him giving me a hug and a kiss and telling me he loved me.
If I had to describe PawPaw in one word, it would be love. He loved Nana, his loved his children, he loved his daughers and son-in-law, he loved his grandchildren and their spouses and he loved his great grandchildren.
The two men whom I admire most in this world are my father and PawPaw. I hope I can teach my children to be like them.
I know my life has been blessed to have known PawPaw for the past 8 years. I am also very thankful that Bean and Bug will have memories of their great grandfather, and that I have pictures of Bird with PawPaw so when he is older I can tell him about this wonderful man who was briefly a part of his life.








1 comments:
I'm sorry Linds. Big hugs from the Rosses.
Post a Comment