We got his Iowa Basics back and found out that he is a chip off the ol' block ~ 94th percentile for language (reading, writing, spelling, etc)....and math? Well who wants to know about stinky ol' math anyway?!?! HA! Let's just say he is above the 70th percentile for math =P Math was never my strong subject either....well I don't *mind* math ~ I'm pretty good (and quick) with simple math ~ but I think Calculus traumatized me to math.
His teacher made a booklet titled, "Mrs. Noel's class loves Bean beacse...." and each of his classmates wrote in it. And from what I can tell, he is a friend to all ~ all the kids said that he was a "really good friend" and "very nice" ~ yes, my heart was totally swelling up with pride and joy for this boy of mine.
Well, with summer break comes summer reading programs! And yes, I have the boys signed up for 3-4 programs! We are going to be busy busy readers this summer. They are already off to a GREAT start! Bean is reading "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series and he seems to really like them. We are also reading the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series together. I've been working with Bug and he is starting to do some reading too ~ he is very excited about that ~ it is so much fun to hear the joy in his voice as he correctly reads a word.
Also ~ this summer we are proud members of the pool (thanks to Weston's employer who paid for our membership) and Bean & Bug will be taking lessons this summer as well.
Doodle-Bird is part fish we think ~ he LOVES the water! He was squirting himself and finding it hilarious! He is such a funny little guy =)
Bean was practicing floating.
Doodle found a mask ~ and decided to put it to good use ~ he is pretending to be a puppy and crawling on all fours in the pool.
Even Bug has been having fun at the pool! We are hoping the lessons will help lessen his anxiety about water (well deeper water).
Bean decided that Rory could wear his backpack ~ doesn't she just look overly enthusiastic about *that* little idea of his? I'm sure if she could, she'd be speed-dialing PETA =P Although I kind of think the backpack makes her look smart ~ hee hee =)
Also Bean is the VERY PROUD owner of a library card! On Saturday we signed him up for his first library card ~ he was EXCITED! We called and told Auntie about it....to which she laughed and said that she and Bean got a library card the same year (uh huh...that sounds about right....his 26 year old aunt isn't much of a reading enthusiast) =P
Now onto the daily rantings (HA!)
Doodle-Bird is being potty-trained....OY VEY! CALGON TAKE ME AWAY! I seriously hate/loathe/detest/despise potty-training....and believe me, Doodle isn't ANY more excited about this than his mother is =/ THANKFULLY so far he has been quite easy (MUCH easier than the other two renegades) ~ but that is NOT to say it hasn't been without incident....sigh.....I went grocery shopping yesterday morning (yup ~ you see where this is headed.....) and the first thing we did when we got to Meijer was to use the bathroom. The we did our grocery shopping and I took a gander at the books and movie section for a Father's Day gift for Weston (which I found something totally great ~ soooo excited!) ~ ANYWAY back to the "gandering" around...all of a sudden a drop of something wet hits my foot, so I think that the ice cream is melting...ummm no. That would have been great compared to DOODLE WETTING HIS PANTS! Seriously child! We went to the bathroom LESS than 2 hours ago! ARGH! So we did a strip job in the parking lot before heading home....THIS is why I always have 2 pair of undies and 2 pair of shorts with me.
Oh another *exciting* incident that happened before we went grocery shopping involved me almost getting hit! I was NOT happy...and believe me, if there was EVER a time to lay on your horn, flip someone off, etc. etc. THAT would've been the time, but I was too stunned to do more than throw my hands in the air after slamming on the brakes...and this took place in town! Some idiot with his extended cab pickup (pulling a boat on a trailer) decided to mail a letter, so he crossed into the oncoming traffic lane to mail his letter and I kept going straight in the CORRECT lane...well all of a sudden he hits the gas and comes swerving back into the correct lane ~ ALMOST hitting me! If he would've hit me, there were at least 2 other people that saw what happened because they were shaking their heads and shooting daggers at that imbecile. I don't understand how you can miss a MINIVAN...it wasn't like I was in one of those tiny SmartCars or something....GRRRR! I never had road rage....then I moved to Michigan.......
And finally, I will leave you all with a laugh ~
Doodle decided to "beautify" himself with my mascara. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw him. He watches me put on make-up and I give him a brush to fluff his face with (don't worry, there is nothing on the brush) ~ and I pretend to put eyeshadow and mascara on him (because he needs to wear everything I do) ~ well I guess he was tired of the "pretending" ~ so I thought I'd start marketing mascara for the new "metro male" and Doodle can be the model =P
He is my busy one! Yesterday I found him grinding brown sugar into the furniture...why you ask? I have no clue....but I can't wait until he has his own place and I come to visit....and decide to grind a little brown sugar into his furniture.....






0 comments:
Post a Comment