Saturday, June 16, 2012

And in the blink of an eye......she's gone

Well, it finally happened.....the day we thought was "far off" in the future....June 15th has come and gone and so has Satoko =( It was a very sad goodbye (although I am quite proud of myself for holding it together until after she and Weston left). After her not being here for about 24 hours, it is starting to fully hit the boys....DoodleBug has asked where Toko was and the bigger boys have said it is strange not having her around.
So yes, it will definitely be an adjustment without her here. Doodle would say to her (the week she was leaving), "Toko I'm going to miss you! Oh wait! No, I'm going to visit you when I'm 5!" Doodle will be 5 on July 2nd =) He doesn't quite understand the whole distance thing and how we will have to save for awhile to buy enough tickets for us ALL to fly to Japan to visit Satoko =)
We have already written a letter to her, so I'm going to make sure the boys keep up on that (it will be a good exercise in writing for them too!) of course Doodle just dictates his letters right now, but soon he'll be able to write his own =) And I guess he can draw pictures right now.
We had a surprise "Goodbye" party for her ~ it was a really good time =)

Bug is starting to feel sad about her leaving....can you see it on his face?

Satoko and all three of the boys =)

Weston brought home a big box for Satoko to pack her extra stuff that wouldn't fit in the suitcase....Doodle climbed in and decided he was going to Japan with her. Weston closed the flaps and then opened them....Doodle said, "Am I in Japan now?" Silly boy! =)

 Enjoying a final yummy ice cream come ~ Doodle and Satoko both got Cotton Candy ice cream =)

 Satoko reading one last bedtime story to Doodle.


Satoko and Bean getting Weston from work ~ we headed to Wendy's for lunch and then to the airport.
Heading into the airport....2 heavy suitcases and one heavy box! =)

 
When we got there, we discovered that her flight didn't exist and that her ticket hadn't been booked! Thankfully the people at Delta were great and we were able to get a flight booked for the next morning with only one layover =)

Friday morning ~ Bean giving Satoko a big hug.

Waving goodbye and Satoko and Weston head to the airport Friday morning.

0 comments: