Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wow ~ A whole week has gone by!

WOW! Don't ask me what I've been doing, but I must've been busy because a whole week has gone by without so much as a peep from me!
It has been a very full and exciting week.
Last Saturday Philipp was here and after he and Weston finished working on his paper we went for a bike ride ~ it was a BEAUTIFUL day (what April is *supposed* to be like) and on Sunday Keith and Nicole came over and we went for another bike ride. Weston had to do something with the youth group Sunday night, so the boys and I had popcorn and a movie. A good ol' mommy and boys bonding time ;o)
Bird discovered one of my plants and decided that dirt was a tasty little treat.

Boy did THAT bring back memories of when Bug was little ~ whenever he was outside he had ring around the mouth.....he must've felt he was lacking some trace minerals or something.....and now it looks like Bird has decided to follow in his big brother's footsteps and be a plant digger...sigh.....poor plants!
Both Bean and Bug have rediscovered their love for coloring. I purchased two coloring books for them awhile ago with transformer/robot looking things in them and the boys LOVE them...my fridge looks like a shrine to their artwork.

Here is Bug hamming it up for the camera.
And Bird is our little "energy conservationist." For some odd reason he delights in unplugging the nightlight in the hallway upstairs.....I don't know why, but he gets a special thrill from saving energy :o)
What is this? The nightlight is plugged in? Heavens to Betsy we're wasting electricity ~ I *must* unplug it NOW!
Phew ~ Mission accomplished!
Hmmm.....now what should I do with this now??
What Mom? Nightlight?? What nightlight?
And if that wasn't excitement enough, on Friday, after the boys and I went for a 3 mile walk (well, Bean biked and Bug triked and Bird napped) I went upstairs to get Bug some clean pants (he and Bean felt the need to get muddy) I heard Bird playing on the bottom step. I was talking to him while getting clean pants for Bug....then I looked down the steps and guess who was climbing them?!?! YUP! Bird, the little stinker was climbing the steps ~ I just about had a heart attack. I wanted to scream and yell, but instead I very calmly talked to Bird while I went racing down to the step he was at, praying the entire time he wouldn't fall. And thankfully he didn't fall ~ I think I aged 50 years and grew some serious gray hair though.
Weston came home from work on Friday and announced that even MORE people had been laid off....ugh! If it isn't kids doing *new* things like climbing the stairs, then it is more lay-offs ~ always something to keep me up at night.
Friday night we went to church for a "family game night" it was a lot of fun and the boys did really well ~ and it was nice to have a fun distraction.
Today was a major baking day ~ so Luke, your package of cookies should be enroute to you on Monday or Tuesday (depending on the weather)...hope you like them :o)
Philipp is here now and Weston is helping him put the finishing touches on his paper for school....I think I am going to bed ~ Whew am I exhausted!

0 comments: