Friday, April 4, 2008

Happenings

We have had a crazy week!
On Monday we ended up having small group at our house, so Keith and Nicole came over for pizza and group, on Tuesday I took the boys to Storytime at the Library. That was lots of fun for them. They listened to stories about pets (mostly dogs) and danced to some music (helps to get the *wiggles* out of the kids) and planted some seeds in a cup.
On Wednesday Bird is officially 9 months old, Luke celebrates his 26th birthday (Happy Birthday Luke!) and we attended the memorial service of one of the nicest ladies. The love she and her husband shared was truly inspirational. I would not have believed that kind of love existed except that I was able to witness it every Sunday when I saw them at church. I really wish I had known her longer.
On Thursday Bird had his 9 month check-up. It all went really well. He is 17 pounds 10 ounces and 27 3/4 inches tall ~ so he is growing nicely :o) Before we got to the pediatrician's office I received a call from Weston in which he told me that they (the company he works for) were firing a ton of people and he didn't know if he would have a job at the end of the day. I was instantly sick...ugh! The company ended up firing 25% of their employees, so in other words 1 out of every 4 employees no longer works there. We were very fortunate that Weston still has his job (thanks to everyone who prayed for us!!!) but just because he still has his job is no guarantee that he will have it a few weeks down the road. This whole situation makes me extremely nervous, and needless to say I will not be resting easy at night.
So, to end this blog entry on a happy note, here are some fun bath pictures of Bird. This was his first time in the big tub all by himself. He enjoyed it immensely!

And his FIRST tooth, which came in on March 21st ~ he has been a BUSY boy with all the growing he has done in the past couple weeks.

0 comments: