Sunday, December 13, 2009

By George, he did it!

Or maybe I should say, by Philipp he did it?
Yesterday we attended Philipp's graduation from GVSU ~ now that the little smarty-pants has his master's degree and a job, the sky is the limit for him!
Bean and Bug came with us and Bird stayed with some friends (we figured he'd be too much of a distraction) ~ and I have to say, both Bean and Bug did a really good job ~ they liked the music (they had nine musicians on stage playing tubas, trumpets and trombones). Since Philipp graduated with his master's degree, he was one of the first groups to walk across the stage...it was after then that the boys started in with the, "is it done yet?" ~ I later found out Philipp was asking the same thing ~ HA!
Oh, and another little "fun" thing that happened was once we were sitting down in the Van Andel, the boys took their coats off and Weston looked at Bean and said, "Bean ~ you have your shirt on inside out!" Yup, it's true, he did! So Bean had to unbutton his shirt and flip it right side out...I have no clue how he got his buttons buttoned in the first place with his shirt inside out....yes, never a dull moment....

After the commencement it was picture time! We found Philipp pretty easily among the 1500 grads because all the foreign exchange/international students had the colors of their country's flag around their neck.



We were walking back to the car through the skywalk and I asked Weston if he could spot Philipp down below (kind of like Where's Waldo) ~ Weston and both boys found him and Weston snapped a picture from up above.
Last night, we had some people over and went to Bethlehen Alive at a church here in town ~ it was really well done and we all enjoyed it. Philipp came with too (I think the Peppino's pizza enticed him over =P ) and he was definitely the "best dressed" of the night wearing a suit and tie ~ he hadn't gone home after graduation yet!

0 comments: