Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow? Why yes we have snow!

It started snowing Thursday afternoon....literally 10 minutes after I got done taking a picture of a card I made that said, "Let it snow" (how's that for irony?) and Friday morning at exactly 5:23am the phone rang ~ it was the school announcing that there was NO SCHOOL due to the weather ~ I guess 13 inches of snow in less than 12 hours was a *bit* on the excessive side!
The boys were absolutely THRILLED with the snow though...at 7:30am on Friday they were already bundled up and out playing in it!



Whit thinks Bean looks like cousin Eric...and I have to kind of agree! I think it is the lean face thing =)


The snowblower did NOT like the heavy snow! Weston didn't get to work until after 10am because he had to snowblow and shovel his way out!


The boys making SNOW ANGELS!

After romping around in the snow they came inside and Philipp played GO FISH with the boys...Philipp stayed with us while he was recovering from surgery....uh huh...staying with people who have three little boys....doesn't sound like much "recovering" to me either ~ HA! But the boys really liked having him here and he seems to be recovering very nicely!

2 comments:

Robin

OH my gosh..that is amazing! I remember those days from when I was a kid. Here in NC, we hardly see it now! But those NE snows...I remember them well,,,,not fondly...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Robin

Unknown

Thank you so much for offering staying at your house. This was just awesome from you as you guys always are.

I had so much fun playing with the kids. Unfortunately, I couldn’t built a snow man or participate in a snow ball fight with them.

I am getting better every day. So, there is still hope to do this the next time :-P