Yup ~ broken ~ that pretty much sums up things around here. The camera is broken ~ it would be cheaper to buy a new one than get this one replaced....the scanner is broken (this is why there have been no pictures as of late).
The boys won their soccer game 2 Saturdays ago and lost the game this past Saturday (which I'm making a mental note....no scratch that, I'm WRITING IT DOWN to NEVER let the coach of the opposing team coach my children ~ jerk alert! He hardly played his "not so good" players and kept in the really good and big players. Yeah at the U8 level....grow up jerk! ALL the kids are supposed to be playing EQUAL amounts of time....sigh....this is why when Bean has to move up to the U10 team next year I'll make sure he is on Tanner's dad's team ~ he is one of the most fair coaches I've ever seen ~ and hopefully Weston will coach U8 again next year for Bug). There was another coach like this one from Saturday.....I've also written down his name to make sure to avoid him like the Bubonic Plague...his team was REALLY shovey-pushy too. I want my boys to be GOOD soccer players and to play nicely. I don't want them on a team were preferential treatment is shown (which obviously happens once you are on school teams, but it should NOT be happening on a community team at this age). I want them to enjoy playing the sport ~ otherwise what is the point? If they decide they don't like it, or aren't having fun anymore, then forget it ~ they don't have to play.
DoodleBird has been acting weird ~ saying he's tired and sleeping a lot ~ and he is super clingy and whiney....it has been a rough week. I'm hoping he is just going through a growth spurt (because he doesn't seem like he is sick) and that this will pass soon ~ I'm beyond worn out.
We've been cleaning the carpets ~ a friend of mine is letting us borrow her vac to clean the carpets ~ she is also taking me to the "Friends and Family" sale in June ~ so hopefully we'll find one at a super-fab price because having the carpets cleaned by the "professionals" is way expensive and the vac we borrowed has done a pretty great job!
Let's see ~ what else is going on.....
Rory is huge ~ we're hoping she is done growing SOON! I think we should stop watching Clifford the Big Red Dog....don't want her to get any ideas!
Bean has less than a month left of school (YAY YAY YAY!)
Weston has invited the whole church over for a picnic on Memorial Day ~ yes that is a really stressful "invite" for me ~ even though it is going to be "outside" I'm sure we'll have more than a few people in the house....I don't like kids getting into my scrapbooking room or rummaging through my cupboards/closets. So I guess I'll just have to be the "bad guy" and make sure the kids (and parents!) know that their little darlings may not survive if the end up in my scrapbooking room (HA!) ~ I am sure everything will go smoothly and I'm getting all worked up over nothing...but the last time we had a bunch of people over for something like this...there was rummaging...and tearing around my house...making me not a very happy camper.
The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing and the grass is green. Here's hoping for a warm and sunshine-filled week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment