Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Paxisms

What can I say? Bug is such a tender-hearted little guy ~ and he has such a sweet spirit in him. It will be fun to see what he is like as he grows and matures ~ I sure hope he doesn't lose his gentleness.
Here are a few stories about him ~ he is our child that we *never* know what is going to pop out of his mouth ~ he constantly keeps us on our toes!
Mother's Day Morning: Bean came to me and said, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!" and handed me a card that he'd made in school and also a little purse-shaped gift (which he also made in school) ~ inside the little yellow paper purse was 4 York Peppermint Patties (YUM!!!) ~ which I DID share. I read the card and told Bean thank-you and gave him a hug while he told me all about making the card and the paper purse. During this whole time, Bug was standing by quietly watching. Pretty soon he disappeared and reappeared with something in his hand. He looked at me and said, "Happy Mudder's Day Mommy!" and put a nickle in my hand....yes I did my best not to laugh =)
About a month ago Bug, Bird and I walked to the PO to mail my sister's birthday present, then we stopped by the library on our way home. I told the boys we wouldn't be able to get any DVDs because I used all my money to mail Whit's gift (DVDs cost $1 to rent) ~ so they picked out a VHS instead (which is free) and each boy also checked out a book. When I was making supper later that night Bug told me, "Mommy, look under your pillow in the morning and there will be a surprise for you!" So I told him I'd do that......after we'd eaten supper Bug just COULDN'T wait ANY longer so he told me to go look under my pillow ~ so I did. I found a dollar under there! I asked him if the Tooth Fairy had left me money? He told me no, that he'd put it under my pillow so now I'd have money to buy stuff. I told him he needed to keep his money and to put it in his bank upstairs. He told me no, I could have it ~ I told him he needed to hold on to his money and save it for something special. Bean had been witnessing this whole exchange between Bug and me, and he came in the bedroom and asked Bug why he was giving his money away.....to which Bug said, "It isn't my dollar, it is Bean's dollar." You have never seen a dollar ripped out of someone's hands as fast as Bean pulled the buck out of my fingers! Then he looked at Bug (rather disgustedly) and said, "Why are you giving MY money away?" Bug replied, "Well you have MORE money in your wallet."
Then this morning when we were walking home from dropping Bean off at school, Bug said to me, "We should put our American flag out today." I agreed. Then he said, "No, we better not ~ you might fall down the cement steps and then I would have to call 911 ~ you know, the doctor."
He has heard us talking about Nana falling and her injuries ~ so now I guess he is keeping a closer eye on his mommy =)
He is just such a funny little guy ~ seldom a day passes without him doing or saying something that makes me laugh or warms my heart and makes me beam with pride that he is my son!

0 comments: