Monday, October 19, 2009

Can't Get A Break

I know, I know, 'tis the season, but seriously ~ enough already!
Last weekend Bean wasn't feeling good, which lead to Bug not feeling good during the week......now this weekend, Bean woke up around midnight on Saturday crying that his ear hurt. So I gave him some medicine, he went back to bed and Weston took him to the Urgent Care Sunday morning, bright and early. Turns out that Bean has a "raging ear infection" and after spending over 3 hours in the Urgent Care who knows what else he has brought home with him (GRRRRR!) ~ the Urgent Care had *ONE* doctor working ~ SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!
So today is a "stay home" kind of day ~ Bean hasn't been on abx for 24 hours yet and is still complaning of his ear hurting, so I called the school to tell them he was feeling under the weather and would be staying home today ~ boy did I get the third degree when I called in with that news...sheesh! They wanted to know *what* he had and if he was displaying any flu-like symptoms, etc. After they found out it was an ear infection, things settled down and I was told, "OK, we'll mark him as OK" ~ which leaves me wondering, just what would they have marked him as if I told them he had flu-like symptoms ~ banned from school for a week??

0 comments: