Monday, April 6, 2009

The Children's Museum

We went to the Children's Museum a few weeks ago. The boys had *so* much fun! There was so much to see and do ~ even though we spent 4 very full hours there, I know there was still quite a bit that we didn't see. I wish that we had an amazing Children's Museum by us. I'd love to take the boys there on a regular basis :o)

I brought along my pistachio indio to wear Bird, and boy was I glad I did! There were a ton of people at the museum that day, so it was a relief to be able to plop him in and not worry about him getting lost in all the excitement.
One of the first things we looked at was the train exhibit....boy was Bird excited about that ~ he is really into trains right now (especially Thomas the Tank Engine).
It looks like Bird is picking out which train he wants :o)
Alex, Kelly, Bird and Bug in the background.
Then there was the dino exhibit and the dinosphere ~ Bug was in dino-heaven! He is our dino-addict....he especially likes triceratops :o)
Bug, Kelly and Alex hatching the dino eggs :o)
Kelly and Bird playing with the dinos at the dino-table.
Kelly, Bug and Bean in the Dinosphere.
Bug, Alex, Bean and Kelly by the SuperCroc ~ that thing looked scary! YIKES!
The Lego exhibit was not to be out-done though.....the boys were like kids in a candy shop! While they were busy building, Uncle Doug showed me where the Playscape was. I let Bird out to romp around and boy did he have fun! It was the one time we had a meltdown.....he did NOT want to leave Playscape!
The boys on the "Lego throne" in the Lego Castle.
A full suit of armor built completely out of Legos.
Bird and Kelly at Playscape.
The next stop was the Comic Book heroes area. Here are the boys with the Silver Surfer.

Hmmmmm ~ these two don't look like your average super-heroes! :o)
Trying their need for speed in a racecar.
Gigi bought everyone a ride on the carousel. Bean rode a horse, Bug rode a tiger and Bird rode a giraffe (with a little help from mom).
Outside of the Dinosphere.
Getting ready to head home.
All in all it was a fun-filled day and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! :o)

0 comments: