Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring!

It has been really nice out the past couple of days. Last night, Bean, DoodleBird, Rory and I went for a nice long walk (we stopped off at the new playground so the boys could play for awhile) and Bug and Weston stayed home....not TOO big of a surprise there...Bug has never been an "outdoor enthusiast" unless it involves the beach =P
Yesterday Weston and I celebrated 8 trips around the sun and Mr. and Mrs. ~ hard to believe it has been that long....and then again some days it feels like it has been longer ~ ha!
Last night while I was getting supper ready (spaghetti and garlic bread ~ YUM) Bean was watching the Imagination Station (on PBS) as you can see he was VERY intent on his drawing....he has the "Grandpa Grahn" look on his face in one of the pictures....which just means his tongue is sticking out of his mouth ~ HA! I remember thinking it was really funny that Grandpa's tongue was *always* out when he was working =)


Not to be forgotten, Bug thought I should take some pictures of him and Rory ~

We had Rory to the vet yesterday for her heartworm check and preventative medicine (which we have to give her once a month) and while we were there we found out the "monster mutt" is a whooping 38 pounds! Another 4-5 pounds and she'll outweigh Bean!
Today I decided would be a good day to plant some seeds, so Bug and DoodleBird picked out which sunflower they liked and we got busy!

This is one of my FAVORITE pictures ~ I just love the grubby little boy hand ~ melts my heart and makes me smile.

DoodleBird is really contemplating *IF* he wants to plant his sunflower seeds or just hold on to them.

He decides it is OK, and I show him how to poke the seeds down in the dirt. And with any luck we'll have a BIG BEAUTIFUL sunflower to enjoy later this summer =)



Bug picked a different kind of sunflower to plant.




And then it was time for a gardener-type snack....GUMMY WORMS! =)


After we were done with all of our planting, the boys decided to get the truck out and play.....yes, I can see that our "good driver discount" will be vanishing once these two wild renegades get added to our insurance ~ HA!


Hi Mom!!!!

Last night Bean pointed out some little white flowers that are growing in our yard (yes, he picked me a few too) ~ so that is a sure sign that warmer weather is just around the corner!

1 comments:

AnneMarie

Looks like you all had fun! :) Liana and I planted some snapdragons in little pots and the next time I turned my back she had dumped them in the yard :( Waiting to see if they grow there LOL!