SERIOUSLY! Is it October or am I hallucinating?? We went camping this weekend and it was high 80s to 90s for temp ~ I thought I was going to melt! I am NOT a hot/humid weather person. Since it was -91 degrees (with the windchill...yes, you read that right NEGATIVE 91 degrees) the day I was born, I like to claim that I was born "half frozen" so I will melt in all the heat and humidity.





My in-laws have a camper with air conditioning, so that is where Bird and I "chilled" out at for a lot of the camping trip....the heat and humidity was hard on the little guy too!
Bean and Bug, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind all the sweating. They were busy riding bike, going for a hike and fun camping stuff like that.
We did take a trip to Menards to buy pumpkins (we forgot to bring them with us) and a pumpkin carving kit so on Saturday afternoon we carved the pumpkins. Bean and Bug were the "cheerleaders" walking around the picnic table telling us "good job" as we were wiping the sweat off our brows while carving our pumpkins.....something seems wrong with that sentence....oh yeah, the wiping the sweat off our brows....would someone kindly inform "Mother Nature" that it is fall and I'd like some 60 degree weather?
On Sunday before we headed home we stopped by and saw the Great American Clydesdales....WOW! That is seriously all I can say. Those animals are amazing and amazingly HUGE as well. I had Weston take a picture of Bird and me next to a horse named "Major" and I think he is the largest horse I have ever seen! When he stood with his neck and head up, I came to barely above his breastbone. I was in awe of his size ~ he seemed like a pretty friendly guy standing close to where we walked by so he could get a pet or two. I read a little bit about the Clydesdale horses on the website and it said that they could eat 25-50 POUNDS of hay a day ~ WHOA! And I thought Bean and Bug were eating me out of house and home.....I wonder how many PB&J sandwiches equal 50 pounds???






0 comments:
Post a Comment