Thursday, February 7, 2008

Painting and Chinese masks

Just had to share some cuteness with you! Here is Bird ~ he was 7 months old on the 2nd of Feb.
Well, the snow came and Weston snow blowed (no shoveling for me this time ~ YEA!). I am not sure how much snow we got, but we have some good sized snowbanks! It did most of the snowing yesterday afternoon and evening ~ not a whole lot during the night though.
It wasn't too chilly out today either. The boys and I walked to the little variety store and bought some packaging tape (and I let the boys pick out a treat...yeah, I am a push-over), went to the post office to drop off a couple of cloth diapers that I sold on diaper swappers, picked up some of the customs-type forms that you need to fill out when mailing APO/AFO addresses, went to the library to return a couple books and a movie.....and the boys found a couple more books they wanted. Miss LaVonne (the storytime librarian) came up to me and said that she had some materials left if I wanted them (she had a Chinese dragon mask during bedtime storytime on Tuesday night). I am thinking that the school-aged kids must've made some (they came the next day). So with any luck tomorrow you will see a couple of Chinese dragon paper plate masks :o) The theme of Storytime this past week was Chinese New Year's.
Weston and I picked out a couple of colors of paint that we like, so he is picking up some sample sizes and we are going to put them on the wall in Bird's room to see how we like them. We are planning on painting the ceiling "Starry Night blue" and the walls either "Bronze Tone" or "Golden Retriever" so we'll see how it goes!

1 comments:

Andrea

Gung hay fat chow!
Happy Chinese new year. We are celebrating tomorrow with our friends who are adopting from China. I can't wait to see pictures of the boys' masks.