Monday, February 11, 2008

Phase 3 of the Masks




The boys are busy putting paint on their masks. Bean was absolutely THRILLED that he was *finally* able to paint his mask. Bug thought that his mask could use a little red, so he is putting the accents on his mask.

Here are the boys with their library storytime dragon masks....THESE are the masks I should have done with them....would've been a lot less messy! Ha ha :o)
Yesterday was an eventful day (to say the least). I thought for sure church would be canceled because of the weather, but it wasn't. So we got dressed, had breakfast and Weston went out to do some shoveling so we could even get OUT of our driveway.
Then we proceeded to brave the interstate to get to church - we counted 4 cars in the ditch on the way - got to church dropped Weston, Bean and Bug off at the church for Sunday School and Bird and I went to do the grocery shopping for the week. As I was walking out the door of Meijer, pushing the cart, the greeter-type person stopped me and told me that I could leave the cart there and pull my car up to load the groceries in it. They didn't want any carts out in the parking lot because they didn't want to have to send people out to get the carts in the frigid weather.
On our way home from church the conditions only got worse. There were times when we couldn't see past the hood of our car. As we neared our exit we saw a bunch of flashing lights and vehicles on the interstate. They closed the interstate so everyone had to get off at our exit. We later found out on the news that there was a 40+ car pile-up on the interstate, so it was closed because of that as well as the weather conditions.
Bird isn't feeling really good.....and if Bird is unhappy, Mommy is unhappy :o( I am not sure what is wrong with him, but last night he came down with a temp ~ as long as he has Tylenol in him he is OK, but when it wears off he cries inconsolably ~ it breaks my heart! Last night was a LONG night and so far today has been rather fretful ~ thankfully he is napping now, so hopefully he'll start to feel better today. I just hate it when the boys are sick :o(

1 comments:

Andrea

I hope Mac starts feeling better soon! We also braved our way to church since everything at our house looked fine (although we had a lot less of a drive than you.) Got on the roads and it was horrible. We made it home afterwards and kept cozy inside the rest of the day. I can't wait to see the finished masks.