I didn't take any pictures of Phase 1 (think balloons with newspaper dipped in wallpaper paste and you get the picture) ~ but here is Phase 2 ~ six layers of newspaper later. Bean's mask is drying right now because we had to add more "stuff" to it and wrap it with yet more newspaper (his is a Chinese dragon). Bug's mask was a little more simple ~ he picked out a mask with a whole lot less detail to it (THANK GOODNESS!). Bug was able to put the first coat of paint on his mask last night. We put another coat on today and pretty soon he'll be able to put the accents he wants on it with different colors. Bean can hardly stand it that Bug is able to paint his mask already when he (Bean) has to wait to paint his.
The boys did finish their paper plate Chinese dragon masks, so I'll have to get a picture or two of those to post.....why didn't I think of doing that?? Instead we went to the library and found this really neat book on face painting and masks ~ that is why the masks we are making now are so involved.
We went to the library today....yes, this is our FOURTH time to the library this week. I got an email notification this morning that some books I had placed a hold on had been delivered ~ plus I just happened to notice that we had "The Rescuers" VHS case and "Return to Neverland" VHS tape ~ oops! I returned the wrong movie in the wrong case Tuesday night. Luckily no one had checked out that movie because it was sitting there on the shelf, bigger than life, with the wrong tape in it (the librarians didn't catch my mistake when they checked the movie back in).
Bean and I have been working on The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading ~ and I think he is doing quite well! We've gone through A, E, I, and O today. I found the "Bob" books at the library yesterday so I checked them out and Bean is really excited about them. We "read" through one last night and one this morning. He does really well with knowing what letter makes what sound and putting them together ~ I am cautiously optimistic about him reading :o) And right now he is excited about it and brings the little case of books to me and picks one out to read.






0 comments:
Post a Comment